The Family board is one of the boards within the Church. The ministries under the family board include:
- Men Ministry
- Ladies Ministry
- Senior Citizens Ministry
- Singles: Over 35, Single Parents
- Soaring Eagles Fellowship. This ministry serves our members whose loved ones have departed from this life to greater glory in heaven.
- Care Ministry
There are five boards at RBC. The ministry boards exist to achieve the following objectives in the overall life of the Church
- Oversee the coordination and harmony of church ministries within the board
- Provide a forum for accountability for the leaders within the board
- Provide a forum for encouragement and exchange of ideas for the church leaders within the board.
FAMILY BOARD OVERAL PURPOSE:
To nurture , strengthen and protect the family entity resulting in strong and lasting family relationships. We believe that the family board exist to assist the church in achieving the following ideals:
- Strengthening church unity.
- Shaping a culture of “familiness” within the church-a feeling and experience of love, care, belonging etc.
- Supporting the church in the pursuit of the vision of being a healthy, vibrant church family.
- Strengthening of family values in our families.
- Setting platforms for the celebration of family.
In order to achieve the above ideals,SEVEN key objectives/ Result areas are being pursued by the Family board as captured in the Church strategic plan.
FAMILY BOARD MINISTRIES GOALS
As a board we aim for key areas of growth through the board ministries. All our board ministries yearn to encourage growth of the members in the following areas.
1: Growth in Faith; Through attendance and participation in all Church wide bible studies and discipleship programs
2: Growth in commitment to Fellowship; Through attendance and participation in all ministry fellowships and events
3: Growth in Service to God; Increase in numbers of members who are actively serving in the Church. These should be members who are also being nurtured and growing as leaders
4: Growth in Salvation; All board ministries to grow in the spirit of evangelism so that every ministry may lead at least five people to the Lord each year
5: Growth in Leadership; To grow more leaders in all ministries,
leadership team that is more bonded together
- leadership team that will pursue excellence in all we do
- leadership team that wrestles in prayer
- leadership team that will understand our calling, vision, mission of the church and of given ministries and are focused and passionate about the same.
- leadership that grows in their personal walk with God through personal study and group bible studies.
- leadership team that is committed to team work in the execution of their ministry mandate
- leadership team whose desire is to serve selflessly without seeking any personal glory.
- Leadership team that is committed to the doctrine, vision and mission of Ridgeways Baptist Church
- Leadership team that mentors upcoming leaders
TO PROMOTE FAMILY LIFE AND MARRIAGE BUILDING-STRENGTHENING MARRIAGES
- Family counseling and Therapy , pre-marital counseling , post marital counselling
- family and marriage enrichment efforts
TO PROMOTE FAMILY NETWORK BUILDING-STRENGTHENING OUR SOCIAL CAPITAL
- Facilitate members knowledge of each other through a Church directory showing contacts , areas of skill/training, business, newsletters, bulletins,
TO PROMOTE FAMILY FELLOWSHIP AND FRIENDSHIP BUILDING
- An environment where every person belongs and has a place of identity
- Fun activities such as games-Church wide annual sports day every December
- Celebration of love dinner on valentine day
- Celebration of family dinner in December
- Celebration of Christmas –December 18th Every year. Church wide Christmas party –where we decorate the Church, set up the nativity, sing Christmas carols to make Christmas memorable. This is Christmas cantata.
- friendship services strengthening family bonds as families invite their relatives and friends but also provide outreach opportunities as families invite their unchurched and even churched neighbors
- Breakfasts, luncheons, dinners for fellowship and growth
- Ministry outreaches, visitations, workshops,
TO PROMOTE FAMILY FRIENDLY FACILITIES
- family recreation centers such as “vibandas” canteen, coffee lounge, games court, social hall, swimming pool and other fitness facilities shaping the church as a community center.
- TO PROMOTE FAMILY CELEBRATION
- Celebrating through birth day cards, birth day cakes, wedding anniversaries, any achievements in the families, National recognitions etc
TO PROMOTE FAMILY WORSHIP-STRENGTHENING OUR SPIRITUAL CAPITAL
- At least three family services a year, family bible studies, family focus on the pulpit, quarterly family month end services.
TO PROMOTE FAMILY CARE-CARE MINISTRY
- Reaching out to hurting families- bereavements, hospital cases etc through our Church deacons and district ministries.
SUMMARY OF SOME FAMILY BOARD ACTIVITIES
- Annual Church wide fun and games day in December
- Christmas cantata concert led by the worship ministry. This brings all church family members together to celebrate Christmas with Christmas carols.
- Church wide dinners
- Friendship Sundays
- Quarterly month end family services- Sunday evening service
- Annual Church wide family week- a time for training and teaching on family matters.
- Celebration of birthdays/anniversaries/achievements of members of the Church
- Church wide celebration of Love during valentine month