1. Authority of the Word of God
The Baptists believe in the infallibility of the word of God and that it is our sole authority for faith and practice. The word is spirit inspired (2 Peter 1:20-21)
2. Priesthood of all believers.
Every believer is a priest. (1 Peter 2:9,10). Every member is important for the building of the church of God.
3. Autonomy of every congregation.
The Baptists believe that ever congregation is autonomous. Every congregation has the freedom to listen to the spirit and obey his guidance and leadership. The local congregation does not receive any orders from any headquarters. This autonomy also manifests itself in our way of worship such that we do not a have a liturgical worship programme but a free style congregational worship but with proper order and planning.
4. Salvation is only by faith (Eph. 2)
5. Security of the believer (Jn. 10:24,28 ).
We believe that our salvation is secure in Jesus Christ.
We believe that there are only two ordinances that Christ decreed for his church. i.e. Baptism and Lord’s Supper.
7. We believe in the incarnation of God in the Lord Jesus Christ.
That Christ was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and was born of Virgin Mary.
8. We believe in the second coming of Christ.
9. We believe in the resurrection of the dead.
10. We believe in the final judgment.
11. We believe in the Holy Trinity. God the father, God the son, God the Holy Spirit.
12. Church Government
Our church government is a congregational style of government. The congregation have the final authority. In our Ridgeways Administrative structure we have:
- Church Council – Decision making organ of the church
- Ministry Boards – Our church ministries are grouped into boards
- The Chair of the boards attend council